Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shirley has dropped several guitars by from the house. I believe these are the last new guitars we will be seeing for sale on the blog. These are as cool as some of the best stuff from the shop. These guitars are not for sale yet, but most of them will be soon, and I wanted to give everybody a chance to see them now. A family member is coming by tomorrow to find a guitar that was played by his Uncle Rob. After that, I will be pricing and preparing the remaining guitars. Please don't wait, as Shirley really is planning on sending the remaining guitars to be auctioned along with the bicycles soon. Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have interest in anything else that Rob might have had that you would wish to purchase, and I will get in touch with Shirley. 


Dean Wood Body Resonator with pickup. (SOLD)This was a surprise. It looks brand new. Plays great. Somebody should buy this one for sure. $260.00 With Case






Takamine F-300 (SOLD) Solid top 000 or OM size guitar. I have to check the date, but the flat top headstock means sometime in the 70s or 80s when Takamine was trying to look just like a Martin from a distance. This is a very cool guitar. Comes with the original hardshell case I'm gonna say $300 with a new set of strings, this would be a great guitar!



Another eye opener. (SOLD) Fender bought both Guild and DeArmond at around the same time in the early 2000s I think. Anyway, they took some of Guild's archtop guitar designs, made beautiful import versions of them. put DeArmond pickups in them, and called them DeArmonds. The DeArmond guitars didn't last long though. They sold like hotcakes when we had them at the store. They are very good guitars, and somewhat rare. I think Fender stopped making them either because the quality was too good, or they cost too much too make. Either way, these guitars were great. Very Large Body arch top guitar with two Dearmond hum bucking pickups in a beautiful sunburst. After I checked on it, I couldn't believe what these are selling for (If you can find one) $450-$500. This one comes with the original hardshell case.






This Alvarez is probably spoken for. (SOLD) (TOLD YA) From the home collection. Still thought you might want to see it. Very cool small body electric acoustic cutaway with (I believe) Koa top, sides. and back.









This one has actually been here for a while, but it got covered up in the shuffling of many guitars and didn't get into the pictures. This Danelectro Longhorn guitar. (Any Longhorn fans out there?) Has a unique body shape, Two lipstick tube pickups, and a 31 fret neck. Danelectro billed it as a guitarlin. (Guitar/Mandolin because of the extra range) $250.00 No case, but it does come with a cool "department of corrections" strap













Morrell 6 string Lap Steel with Kent Armstrong Pickup. Get a metal bar and go wild.
Comes with a case $125.00



















Checkmate. (SOLD) If you ever went into the Hill Country Humidor, you know this guitar. This guitar set out on a stand across the aisle from the register. It is not an expensive guitar, but Rob must have kept it there for a reason. It looks like it has been played a lot. Had a capo on it too which seemed to say Rob may have played this one a bit. A customer was talking to me earlier and said he thought Rob spent a lot of time with this one too. $200.00




This is a Seagull 12 string. (SOLD) Great playing twelve string. Made in North America (Canada) This is one of the prettiest Seagull 12s I've ever seen. More info after I get a chance to play it.  Only $275.00 with a hardshell case. 






The Dean Guitjo has sold, but I wanted to post a picture just for those of you who remember it. Rob told me he took the resonator off the back of the Guitjo because it was  ridiculously loud and removing the resonator cut the volume. I was digging through some stuff at the shop yesterday, and I found the resonator. For some reason, I got all choked up. 





There were a couple of pedals and tuners left in the shop. The two danelectros are currently on hold, but the tuners are available cheap, and the Crybaby Wah
That's it gang. I do have one speaker cabinet here. It's a 2-12 Crate vintage club cabinet. I always loved the sound of these, and used one for several years. This may even be mine. I'll try to do one last picture tomorrow when I edit this blog and set prices on stuff. Don't forget the items still left from the earlier posts. If you ever wanted a Telecaster, Rob had several that were just incredible. Check em out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment